Something amazing.

Yesterday, I went to the Potter's Place to meet the group of arbitrators who work with juvenile delinquents in Pickens County. They send their boys and girls out for community service and hopefully they won't have to go to court. Don, who lives at the Potter's Place, does a woodworking shop for the boys. He had mentioned looking for someone to run an arts and crafts day for the girls. When I heard that it just tugged on my heart until I realized God was calling me to this. It is undeniable. Every time I talk about it, think about it, spend time there, I get so excited. So yesterday, I am surrounded by about 10 people who I don't know and they are all talking about how much they love the Lord and love teens and how God has given them this purpose and passion. It was so incredibly beautiful. Most were a lot older than me... actually everyone except the woman who heads up the whole juveniles program was probably over 40. There was everyone from a retired principal to a head custodian. As I sat there I could stop smiling and I just thought over and over:

"I just said yes to something amazing.
I just said yes to something amazing.
I just said yes to something amazing."

I am not even sure what it will look like, but I just got the feeling that it would change my life.

And then I came home from school today and someone from house church, I'm not even sure who, wrote:

"You were MADE for AMAZING things."

Wow. not a coincidence.

And as I worked on painting the trim in our bathroom today these words echoed in my heart:

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene,
And wonder how He could love me,
A sinner, condemned, unclean.

Chorus:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
And my song shall ever be:
O how marvelous! O how wonderful!
Is my Savior's love for me!

He took my sins and my sorrows,
He made them His very own;
He bore the burden to Calvary,
And suffered and died alone.

When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see,
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays