Learning to Breathe

Learning to breathe. Literally and metaphorically. I love things that are like that. A few blog posts ago I wrote about "Breath Prayers," and how I was remembering that each breath we take can be to serve and praise our Maker. Last night I spent time with Monica and enjoyed myself so much. I don't usually play music with anyone and I've playing with her and sharing stuff I've written and hearing songs she's written and I know it's been so liberating and powerful for both of us. She was helping me with a song and I just couldn't sing as high as her... so she gave me a mini lesson in breathing from the diaphragm, which I have heard about before but not really ever consistently tried.

I did some research today and read about how powerful and effective breathing with your diaphragm is for your whole body. It reduces stress and helps reduce straining your vocal cords. After about 7 weeks in school, I've noticed how my throat hurts alot and that worries me. I am having to talk very loudly this  year because there are more students and they make more vocalizations. I simply have to talk over the noise sometimes. But I don't want it to permanently damage my voice or anything! I am so thankful that Monica shared with me about breathing from your diaphragm.

Learning to breathe both physically with my body and spiritually with my soul. Each breath is a gift from God to be treasured and embraced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays