Holding the rain and my heart

Day one of the run. The alarm went off at 5:15.

I should back up. Last night when I let the dogs out before I went to bed, I realized how dark it was in the morning and wasn't sure if I wanted to run by myself. So Aaron said he would run in my vicinity, but not next to me.

Back to the alarm clock. We arise, put on our running clothes, stretch, and head out the door. I was expecting it to be cold, but it had rained overnight and was quite mild. We only ran a short distance, but it was so wonderful. Then the best thing happened. God had held the rain for us because about 10 minutes into our run it started to sprinkle which was so refreshing and freeing. When we made it back to our house it started pouring and continued to pour for about an hour. I love that.

On other great praises of God. He just loves my children. Today I was working with some of my profound students in the side room. I was working with a child to hit a "Big Mac" button which would then play the radio. They are learning simple cause and effect. I was trying to find a radio station and landed on a Christian one. The song that came on had the chorus:

I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

And as my student listened to it she smiled big and it hit me that God was singing that song for her. Someone people would not give a second thought to, God loves deeply. So I told her. And she smiled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

Summer books!