Perfect Peace

"You will keep in perfect peace..." -Isaiah 26:3

It's been my second day back to work for pre-planning days. While I am actually quiet excited, I've been so emotionally up and down the past 2 days. I was so joyful yesterday morning after our district kick-off and welcome. I love to work in a place that really celebrates their employees and also mourns with them. One of our teacher passed away this summer. It can really be a family.

But the whole day was filled with meetings and by the end I was drained and had a headache. I came home and was just mean and grouchy. I felt no peace. I was frustrated, because my day had started off so well. I read a note left on our counter by a friend whose boyfriend stayed the night with us. We had told them to have a quiet breakfast at our house by themselves since we would be at work. We know how hard it can be to get alone time when you long distance date :) They said that they felt such "tangible slowness and peace," in our home. I laughed to myself and thought, "I'm glad they felt peace here, because I feel none." And then I realize, I can't muster up peace for my house. Sure I can pray over our house, but GOD is the one who gives the peace. I do not give the peace. I only give what I have received from God already.

Fast forward to today. I LOVE MY JOB!!!!!! Seriously. I am so blessed to be where I am. My second year teaching is already shaping up to be so wonderful. I just enjoyed what I did today. I didn't stress about work to be done. I took time to really listen to co-workers and even stop by some of the first year teachers rooms to see how they were holding up and tried to encourage them. And then I came home and enjoyed this insanely good weather we've had by sitting in a chair under a tree in our front yard, reading a good book, and watching my dogs play in the yard while a cool breeze blew. I just soaked it all in. And then this verse popped into my head, "You will keep in perfect peace..." God will keep us in perfect peace when we continually trust him. And his peace is PERFECT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays