How to prepare for school- at home

T-4 days until the kiddos come. Crazy mode starting in 3, 2, 1. Ready. Go.

Last year, I learned the hard way. Not only is it important to prepare for my classroom, at my classroom, but in my home. Here are some things I've done to prepare:

1. Freezer meals!! For the last 4 weeks, I have cooked 1 freezer meal a week including chili, soup, Hamburger pie, and something else I can't remember right now. We probably have about 12 meal worth.

2. Laundry. All of it. Sheets and comforter included. (Well maybe you change your sheets really often like you're supposed too... but if you're me... well... I won't tell how long I let them go...)

3. Say NO to everyone asking you anything. Ok, that's not exactly what I do, but it would be helpful if I did. But I did tell some people I couldn't do things for the next couple of weeks.

4. Paint toe nails. It just makes me feel better.

5. Buy enough groceries to last for 2 weeks!! It's possible (at least for 2 people).

6. Tell myself over and over that things don't have to be perfect for the first day of school. As long as each kid gets there safely, has a relatively enjoyable day, and get home the correct way... well, let's be honest, everything else is a bonus....

Alright. That's it. Some things to come about my classroom coming soon!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays