Cottage cheese in cookies??!! Yes, it's possible.

I got the craving to bake tonight. I was feeling restless and thought, "Well I'll bake on this gray evening and listen to some wonderful music." I should also tell you we bought groceries last Saturday together and are trying to make it 2 weeks without going to the grocery store. That can be a difficult feat since Bi-Lo is literally a walk from our house. So we are getting down to the last things in our fridge... hope we can make it to the weekend.

So I felt like cookies would be a good option since we just ran out of ice cream. Terrible, I know. Well all the regular recipes call for 1 c. butter. That's absurb. Two sticks butter? Not only is that too much butter, but we don't have 2 sticks currently. But... we did have cottage cheese, which I put in our banana bread the other day and it was delicious.

So here are my healthy chocolate chip cookies. I will compare the measurements to the regular cookie measurement on the back of a Laura Lynn chocolate chip bag.

1 1/4 c. wheat flour (none in regular recipes)
1 c. white flour (2 1/4 c. white flour)
1 t. baking soda (same)
1 t. salt (same)
5 T. Butter, softened (1 c. butter!!)
1/2 c. white sugar (3/4 c. white sugar)
3/4 c. brown sugar (same as regular recipe)
2 t. vanilla extract (same)
2 large eggs (same)
2 c. chocolate chips (same)
1/2 c. cottage cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (that's the only way I don't burn cookies!!). Mix butter, cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Put on cookie sheet and bake for 9 minutes.

Makes 36 cookies.

Amazing. You should try it. They are a little lighter and more cakey/ soft than regular cookies, but very yummy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays