One day down...

Aaron came home to meet me today and gave me a big kiss and said, "One day down."

I said, "And 179 to go!"

Yep, today the students came. It was a pretty good day. A little chaotic seeing as one of my assistants was out due to surgery and we didn't get a sub. But everyone got home safely and happily so I was happy. I am so pumped up about this year. Now I understand when teachers say the second year is way better than the first. It's so true. Things aren't catching me by surprise. I don't have to ask someone else where to find something or how to print something. I am so thankful. God has given me so much strength and confidence. I know this is where He wants me. These are His beautiful children that He has graciously given to me.

I thought it would be fun to show some pictures of my classroom here. I am "owning" it this year. I organized it much more and was able to decorate in some ways I didn't get to last year.

Here is a view of where the students sit at the smartboard.

A close up view of my smartboard area. A tip I learned along the way: if it's not functional, get it out of the way!

I made this!! It probably cost 1$ or less. But it did take about 3 hours to make. Still, I enjoyed it. It's to count how many days we've been in school. We will add one popsicle stick to it each day!

A picture of our students daily schedule. The picture symbols are espeically wonderful for students with Autism.

We put laminated construction paper over our computer monitors so the students know they are not in use. It really helps them.

LOVE my numbers on the walls. It has the touchmath points and the number word next to it.

Teacher desk! I try hide my stuff in the corner so student's don't play with it all....

I love this with the bookshelves. I have labeled bins according to their IEP goals. Then I made curtains with velcro that attach to the shelves to be out of sight when we are not using them.


It's the little things... organized construction paper. So beautiful.

I tried to make little "cubby-like" work spaces for the kids with shelves in between so they aren't distracted by other students in the classroom. Which works well unless kids are running around when they aren't supposed to or are yelling really loudly... which happens occasionally :)

Tah Dah!!! The closet! Thanks Susan Lilley!!!!!! Everything is labeled and everything has a home... right now at least. My goal is to keep it this way.

Math manipulatives.

Snack center!

Whew that's it for now. I forgot to take pictures of my favorite part of the classroom... well it's really outside the classroom... my hallway decorations! But I'll leave you in suspense and post it later this week!!

I LOVE MY JOB!!

It feels good to say that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays