A little time for M-E

relax. I can spell it. relax. I know what it means. relax. Can I do it? eh... sometimes :)

Well today I did. After our special ed meeting I thought about going back to school for about an hour. And then I thought, "nope." I am taking time to do something I enjoy. Not something for school, not something on my to-do list at home, not even something for Aaron, not something for dcf. Does this sound selfish? I'm not sure, but I do know from experience we just need to take time to enjoy life. I am not going to let my years teaching pass me by always crossing things off my to-do list and thinking about the next thing I need to do at school.

So what did I spend about 2 hours doing today? Making pesto. TONS of it. Sound relaxing to you? It was to me. It felt so cool outside and a gentle rain was falling from the sky. I just sat next to our garden watching cars pass by and picking basil from our enormous bush enjoying the fresh smell of the herb. There's something about the earth- sowing, watering, pruning, harvesting that is so good for our souls. And there something about creating- imagining, gathering, building, enjoying.

I will make every effort not to forget to enjoy things in life- whether it's at school. church, or on my to-do list :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays