Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce

This sauce is inspired by the blueberry chipotle ribs at 12 Bones Smokehouse in Ashville, NC. We went there on our honey moon and it was incredible food! It was so epic we took a picture of it...


Since we have a surplus of blueberries this season after picking them from the Happy Berry Farm and getting some from my parents, I had to find something unique to use them for. So here you have it...

1 c. blueberries
1 small garlic clove
1 sliver of an onion (a sliver meaning a crosswise section, slice things)
2 slices jalepenos (you can add more if you want... I'd say it has medium spicy with 2)
2 spoonfuls of brown sugar
3-4 splashes liquid smoke
1 squeeze ketchup
2 shakes of soy sauce
little salt

Puree the first four ingredients in a food processor. Transfer to a small skillet. Bring to boil and add other ingredients. Let sit on med-high heat for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Turn off heat and let sit until thickened.

I'd say it makes about 3/4 cup of sauce which would be enough for 3-4 people.


We put it on fish... because that's all that was left in the freezer. I think it would be good on top of grilled chicken or a darker meat like pork. 
Warning: it stains everything... my fingers were blue where I got a good fingerful to taste it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

Summer books!