New Perspective

So I got new glasses today which is quite exciting! Jordan rocks at helping me pick out frames. Anyhow, when I put them on I was so surprised that I could see so much better. I didn't think my vision had changed that much, but it's been 3 years since I got new lenses. For a while, I couldn't think about anything except how great my vision was and how hard it was to adjust. It's only been 2 hours since I've had them on and already I have a killer headache. I've even been tempted to put my old frames back on.

Then, I had an analogy in the car driving back home. I've been praying to see people the way God sees them. What I don't realize is what a big prayer that is. Of course I want to see the way God sees, just like I want lenses that offer crystal clear vision so I can see everything in it's full beauty, but it's a big adjustment. Praying to see with God's eyes means I will see the hurt, the pain, the loneliness, the poverty, the grief in the world and not be able to turn a blind eye. If I really see people the way he does, I cannot look away. If the Lord loves each person, I want to love each person the way he does. But it doesn't just happen over night. A perspective change, like my new glasses, takes some time to adjust and relearn a way of seeing things- a way of taking in the world.

"Light in a messenger’s eyes brings joy to the heart." Proverbs 15:31


"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

Summer books!