"You make my dreams come true"

Did you sing that line in your head when you read the blog title? That's what I was singing...

Anyhow, I am so thankful for our community. I am really experiencing true community at DCF the way I have never experienced before. Some of these thoughts have come about because I am excited to be a prayer partner and a part of the food team for the new film that our pastor has written and is directing. Filming starts tomorrow! I was telling Aaron how neat it is that our church body has been so supportive in helping him raise money, volunteering their time, and giving him time away from speaking for the next few Sundays so he can focus on the film. I said, "Wow, filiming starts tomorrow. It's like a dream come true," (at least, I am assuming so...)  He said, "Yea, they [dcf] really rally around people dreams. Like our house and helping out with that." It sounds cheesy at first to "rally around people's dreams", but on the other hand that is community in a sense. We are here to build each other up in the name of the Lord. Your dream is my dream. If I have resources that can help you accomplish your's then, here I am. That is the attitude of people here. I mean for the film people are spending countless, non-paid hours to set up food teams, cook meals, deliever meals, set up prayer teams, write prayer letters, help with set design, and so much more I am unaware of.

Here's a quick list of things I can think of that I have wittnessed in the ONE year I've been at dcf (think of how long this has been going on). Everyone sent the Hayes off to Germany by helping them pack and throwing a beautiful and moving (haha, no pun intended) goodbye celebration. Stephanie GAVE us her flat screen tv and dvd player simply because she didn't need it. Countless people helped us move into our old house last summer and then helped us paint, peel wallpaper, rip up grass in our yard, and move furniture into our new home this spring. People donated money to surprise Kathleen with a CAR! People bought Lisa's kids bikes. We've sent teams to New Orleans and Nicaragua for mission trips. The Jackson's have opened their home to several people to live in next year. Mackenzie and Andrew just got married and people helped decorate, serve food, sew tablecloths and throw surprise showers. And I am just getting started on big things... but there are probably hundreds of small acts of service I don't know about.

This is what Paul means when he said in Acts 2:
"
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved."



Comments

  1. It is so encouraging to read these words and hear about the community at DCF. We miss you folks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hey there Mrs. Boyd :)! I am glad this was an encouragement! I see you two are doing pretty well in Nashville with a new beautiful home! Congrats. We'll have to come see it sometime!

      Delete
  2. This is so moving and so true! I'm so glad you reminded me of all these things. What a great family we have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! And love you, Kim! We are looking forward to seeing you again in just a month! And seeing this new home, and the love that helped make it just that. Missing all of our DCF family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

Summer books!