The richest life

Sometimes when people move out of Clemson, they often say that they can't find a church like dcf. They are looking, searching, praying, and it's tough to find such rich community.

While I am sure that when/ if God calls us out of Clemson, we will say those same things, there's a part of me that says- that sure would be nice to start over somewhere. 

What would it be like to show up at someone else's home where someone else cleaned and made a home cooked meal and planned the discussion? What if we could decide that we didn't want to go to church one Sunday and instead go hiking in the mountains? What if we didn't have lengthy conversations about the direction of the church that seem to drain your energy?

Sometimes we just see where we want to be and how we're not there. Or the energy we want to give, but don't have the ability to. The weight that wears on your shoulders as you pray for a group or an individual. The sadness or confusion or disappointment when you don't see fruit from your labor. Conversations that seem to cycle.

With tears in my eyes as I said these things aloud to a friend today and shed light on some darkness in my heart, I realized the beauty of investing. Of giving my life away. Of realizing that I wouldn't trade what I have for anything else.

This the way of Christ. True community and true church is not just showing up for nice meals and enjoying casual conversation, it's that after the meal you look around at your closest friends and speak as Christ did- I will give my life for you. I will lay my life down. 

Life is richest when we give our greatest riches. 
Sweetest when we give away our first fruits. 

Forgive me for forgetting. For hoarding my riches. Come into my home. I will have hot food out and enough chairs around the table. I will bread bread and drink wine with you. Together we will taste and see the grace of our Lord who gave His life for us. I will give my life for you friend.


Comments

  1. Yeah girl, that's right on the money. :) Mama Muddy needed that one this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays