Nostalgic Halloween.

I have nothing profound to say here tonight. Only that I am on to the sneaky middle schoolers who trick- or-treated last year and took all our candy we left out.

So last year, Aaron and I weren't home on Halloween but it was our first Halloween in this cute neighbor and we wanted to be good neighbors so we set a bowl full of candy out, a little sign, and left the light on. We returned to find 1 piece left in the bowl. We wondered then.... did we have lots of kids come by or just one greedy bunch of middle schoolers?

Well now I know! This halloween I bought not just one, but TWO bags of candy because I didn't want to run out. You know how many twirling princesses, stringy-haired, bad make-up witches, bright-eyed plump pumpkins, and over zealous bad-masked ghouls we had? Zero. That's right. Sad, lonely, quiet, plastic-pumpkin-still-full-and-untouched ZERO. And I actually feel sad.

For some reason Halloween makes me nostalgic. My parents had this little rug thing that had a sensor in it so when people stepped on it, there was a silly "ghostly" voice that said "weeeeeee trick-or-treat!!" I miss that little rug thing. When we were really little and our neighborhood had more kids, we'd make baggies with candy and give those out. I remember being pulled along in my little wagon. Going up to neighbor's houses. All those friendly lights on. There were some houses with those big dogs that jumped and scared me though. No good.

Anyways, none of that here. Just quiet little Clemson neighborhood. If I am being realistic we have a very dark street and there is a neighborhood down the street with much bigger homes and rich people who probably give out full size candy bars or something ridiculous like that...

Oh well. The only plus side is that now we have a plastic pumpkin full of candy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays