Oh the possibilities

I was enjoying the warmth and coziness of our home while watching the torrential downpour outside out house. I must have looked a little creepy to anyone driving past our house because I was glued to the window as I watched a phenomenon.

It was absolutely pouring and then the skies turned orange. Then the blue sky was poking through- the grey clouds loosening their grip on the heavens. The colors tumbled out as the sun was setting far beyond the trees- orange, red, purple, pink. They spread out across the horizon. And it was still raining. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was pouring 2 minutes ago and right after my eyes graced a beautiful sunset. How does He do that?

I gave thanks. Thank you for blue skies when it's raining. I remembered my gift list and grabbed my mini composition notebook to write it down. I have been forgetting to write down my gifts. I have not been giving thanks as quickly in the moment. I have not been closing my eyes and taking in the sounds and smells and giving thanks for whatever is going on in the moment. I had every intention of continuing the list, but I haven't touched it in days.

I looked around and wrote.

210. blue skies when it's raining
211. fresh out of the oven biscuits
212. orange clouds
213. raining running down the street
214. candlelight
215. a downpour
216. that you make my feet like a deer

I was about to write a new gift that came to my mind... forgiveness. I stopped and smiled and put my pen to the paper... 217. possible forgiveness.

Aaron and I have been walking through forgiveness in several areas of our lives with people around us and even each other. I keep going back to The Lord's Prayer:

"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."

As we.... forgiveness is not exclusive, nor is it a one way street. I cannot expect it without giving it. I cannot give it without having it. It is not a one way street in that, regardless of whether the person thinks they need forgiveness or whether I am actually even telling them I forgive them, or whether they ask for forgiveness, I can always give it because I have received it in to the fullest measure in Jesus Christ.

The only One who can throw a stone does not. 

He has made forgiveness possible. He makes sunsets right after a downpour possible. He makes rain and blue skies at the same time possible. Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

Summer books!