On asking for prayer.

I wanted to follow up my last blog post on anger with a post of praise. A praise of God and a praise of friends.

On Wednesday, after writing the blog, I knew I should ask for prayer. These are times when you know you need someone and sometimes you take that bold step to ask and sometimes you hesitate and hold back. I always regret hesitating, I never regret asking. We are people who need prayer and there is something powerful about asking for prayer. It is humbling. It frees your burdens. You realize you are not alone. You realize the power of God through prayer.

So there never seemed to be a good moment at house church to ask people because we just had a potluck and not our regular gathering of prayer and scripture reading. Finally people started leaving. I thought, "Oh well, next time I guess." Andrew and Mackenzie were deciding whether they wanted to leave or stay. And let me tell you, it was not a natural time to interject with, "Well, I was actually thinking maybe you could stay and pray for me. I need prayer." But that's what I said.

And they stayed. They listened. Mackenzie overflowed with words of love and grace from God. They prayer over me. They asked what time I got to school in the morning. I told them 7. They said they would pray for me then because that's when they got up.

At 7 the next morning, I reached the crest of a hill in our neighborhood where you can see the sunrise and I saw the most beautiful sunrise I may have seen this whole semester and I knew.... it was going to be a different day.

And it was. Not that anything necessarily changed about what we did, but my attitude had changed. When things are brought to light the darkness had no hold on it.

Bring it to light. Ask for prayer. Walk in His boldness. Experience His love.

I will listen. I will prayer. Because I need someone to listen. I need someone to pray for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

Summer books!