A bad addiction...

So we have had about a year's break from intense DIY house projects and well we're back. It's like a horrible addition or something. You hate yourself for doing it, but it makes you feel good in some twisted universe. But really. So we have decided to completely redo our kitchen. I mean completely. We are ripping out cabinets and floor to install everything new... except appliances. We bought stainless steel appliances when we moved into our house 3 years ago. But I want to chronicle our adventures of kitchen remodeling here because I have found it to be super helpful to read other blogs of people redoing their kitchen. I typically don't put house projects on my blog. I like it to be a sacred space of storytelling and vulnerability- so I will attempt to weave those into this process..... but we are FREAKING redoing our kitchen. Are we out of our minds? Probably. This is my space to journal notes and thoughts that will help me in the future if we ever redo another kitchen again and hopefully to help some other DIYers out there.

A kitchen is a sacred space too. It's a creative space where my heart is happy. It's a space people come and feel loved in. Where people get a filling healthy dinner, share a cup of tea, or a bowl of ice cream. Where hearts find encouragement, laughter, and healing. The kitchen is the most well-loved and utilized space in our house. We also love to redeem things and connect with God by being creative and building and seeing the fruit of our labor just like our Creator. This kitchen is a space in which we shall strive to do that.

So the before pictures... Ok this is way before... These ones are before we actually bought the house...



 These are once we painted, added curtains, bought appliances, etc.




Alright. Well my next post will be Week 1 of demolition!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays