Then sings my soul

I miss writing more often here. But there are those times, those seasons when words just don't come. I wish they would- but they're not. Instead, the few I have are etched into the pages of my personal prayer journal lifted up to a God who hears every word spoken and not spoken.

When words just don't come it gives space. Wide-open-green-pasture-wildflower-growin' kinda space- the kind of space I could probably use more of. Words don't change lives, the God of the universe changes lives. The Word who became flesh changes lives.

My emptiness gives him space to fill with His glory and praise. My emptiness and lack of words gives him space to speak tenderly and softly to me and for my ears to actually hear Him. My emptiness hums quietly with a tune only the Spirit knows.

I guess I'll just have to embrace it when words just don't come.

When words just don't come, it gives time. Watchin'-the-sun-set-while-sittin'-on-the-front-porch-sippin'-sweet-tea kinda time.

Time to seek first him kingdom instead of worry about tomorrow. Time to read scripture and allow it to breathe life into my veins. Time to watch the sunlight filter through the swaying trees and see his kingdom come. Time to be still and know- I mean really know- that He is God.

When words don't come, I will embrace His song that fills up my soul like the melody that flows as a bow slides slowly across the strings of a violin resonating in a music hall.

And oh ...
Then sings my soul,
my Savior God to Thee,
How great thou art!
How great thou art!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays