Satisfied

After a wonderful day, our last 15 minutes ended in mild frustration over silly things as we got ready for bed. We then got a phone call from some good friends who were coming into town and needed a place to stay. Being a "place to crash" is one of our favorite things and yet we didn't know whether we wanted to stay up and wait and be good hosts or go to bed. My body said "bed," my heart said, "stay up and blog." Because in 15 minutes I'd somehow forgotten how the rest of my day went.

So onto my day while we await dear friends. (Hello, Funciks!)

In typical love-of-Ann-Voskamp style this shall be a list of gifts. Beautifully, my last post was about feeling drained and realizing the sweetness of being thankful and how that affects our perception of everything we do. When we bring the dark caverns of our heart to light, we experience a lightness in and of itself that releases us from all obligations in this world allowing us to freely receive God's blessings. So today was full of satisfaction and doing things new things I love. (Side note: it was parent/ teacher conference day and students did not come to school.)


- - - - - 

424. An extra hour of sleep
425. crisp air and the sound of morning though our open window
426. ice brewed coffee in a mason jar
227. seeing the sun rise before I get to work, the world alive on my drive to work
228. morning dew on my toes
229. free chick-fil-a biscuits
230. five enormous blooming moon vine flowers
231. light in parents eyes as I show them videos of their child doing amazing things!
232. hearty laughs with parents
233. realizing I've built a real relationship with most of them over the past 2 years
234. offering ways for my church family to serve and minister to the families outside of school
235. planning for Disability Awareness Month
236. knowing I am doing what I love, what I was made for 
237. my car outside thermometer registering 76 degrees
238. potato gratin
239. a picnic lunch with Aaron
240. seeing Jessie at the Village Bakery
241. Aaron spontaneously buying us desserts there
242. Laura's phone call with praise for answered prayers in her classroom
243. running across the perfect silly gift for an old friend
244. walking right up to an open cashier at Wal-mart (it's the little things sometimes...)
245. dropping off the handmade cards my students make to be sold at TWO stores in the Pendleton Square (check them out at Still On The Square and Mountain Made)
246. playing with the dogs while the sun set
247. Ukrainian food 
248. "Your beautiful, you are treasured, you are sacred, you are his, you're beautiful." -MercyMe









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays