Chosen

I am chosen. You are chosen. By God. To live, to breathe, to walk the earth, to speak, to move, to dance, to laugh.

I was encouraging Aaron tonight and was struck by the truth I was telling him that I so often fail to believe myself.

I am not the bottom of the barrel pick. I am not runner up. I am not plan B, C, or D.

You name a title and I'lI  tell you that too often believe the lie that I am not enough in that area- Wife. Friend. Teacher. Children's Ministry Leader. Deacon. Daughter. Sister. House church leader.

No, I am a chosen, royal, holy- a child chosen for His possession, so that I may proclaim the praises of the One who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (paraphrase of 1 Peter 2:9).

He chose us to be right here in little ol' Clemson, SC. We tried to go other places, but He brought us back here. And sometimes we wish we could leave things behind, but the beauty for us is in staying. The beauty is in being chosen by God. The beauty is in the messiness of pursing God together despite our silly selves that forget the truth.

I am chosen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On laughable things