Mother's Day everyday

It's never to late for a Mother's Day post because shouldn't mother's day be celebrated everyday?




Today I remembered that I forgot to send you and nana this picture. These are the luminaries that I bought in honor of you and Nana and decorated to be set up at our district Relay For Life this past Friday night. When I was putting this picture on my computer I realize what a hero you are.

You are a hero to me. You don't fly in with a cape, but with a cloak of love. You don't have supernatural strength, but you do you have insurmountable kindness.

hero-
   noun
1. a person who is admired for courage or noble qualities.

You are a warrior. A fighter. A hero. You didn't just beat cancer several years ago, you beat so many things that I don't know how you've come out so sane (**mostly sane :)**). I am thankful that over the years you've fought the doctors. That when I was in your womb 24 years ago that you didn't take the pills to end things when they told you I wasn't alive in there.

I am so thankful.

I am thankful that you knew being a hero wasn't the amount of money you made or the kind of job you held. I'm thankful that you were content to hold me in your arms.

I'm thankful for those birthday parties you planned. Thankful that although you didn't know how to do those things, you learned for me. I'm thankful for the boxes and piles you have because it shows that you love to hold onto those memories. You have let the good memories triumph over your bad ones.

I am thankful that you always spoke words that affirmed me. I am thankful that you gave the best advice you had. I am thankful that you stood by me and listened. I am thankful that you let me cry on your shoulder.

I'm thankful for your forgiveness. I'm thankful that you didn't let my closed doors because permanent barriers. I'm thankful that you always gave of yourself no matter what.

I am thankful that you still cook my favorite food when I come to visit. I am thankful that you surprise me with little things I might not buy for myself. I am thankful for the simple cards and packets of tea. I am thankful for each thought you have of me.

Thanks for being my hero mom.

And just for kicks.. this is us on Mother's Day at Bullock Hall several years ago!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays