As deep calls to deep


My eyes, they drink in the deep waters,
      where my feet have never walked.
I see the places beyond the depths
     where my feet would not tread on soft, familiar sand
     where my safety is less understood
     where the cool blue becomes piercing and the waters unknown.
My heart beats as I watch the tide come in and go out.
My heart yearns for the deep as I watch the sun slip down over the edge.
My heart stirs as the rainbow plunges beneath the glass.

I want to know the deep.
The deep of the waters call to the deep of my soul.

I wade out further and further until I can stand no more.
I must go further.
I want to know the deep.
I swim. I let the water carry me and the waves wash over me.
Freedom finds me and takes over.
Laughter surges from deep within.
Liberation in my lungs.
The deep blue embraces me and fills my soul.
Refreshed, I swim.
I walk upon waters I never could fathom.
I find myself breathing at depths I didn’t know existed.
Here there is no solid ground, but I find a gentle hand.

    Drink. Drink deeply.
    Swim. Swim freely.
    This is where I’ve called you.
    I AM love.
    I AM the deep.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On laughable things