Lime+Greek Yogurt Kick

So this is my first food post. I decided it was too good not to share. And very summery. (If only I'd taken pictures... you just have to trust now that it tastes good without any visuals). Also, if you don't have these herbs and live near us... come get them in our garden!!!

I looked up a lot of recipes online and then made these up myself so they are Kim-riginal.

Lime and Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dip
1 c. greek yogurt plain
1 lime, juiced
1 handful of cilantro, chopped
a few mint leaves, chopped
a drizzle of honey
salt and pepper


Mix it all together. Zest about a quarter of the lime into the mixture.

We ate it for my birthday with sweet potato fries sprinkled with chili powder and cinnamon. I think it would also go well on top of chicken or pork. Maybe with raw veggies like carrots and celery? Also good with regular tortilla chips. We also put it in our "neo-southwestern" (according to Aaron) fajitas with sauteed chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Delicious!

Lime, Basil, and Greek Yogurt Marinade
2 limes, juiced
a lot of drizzle of honey
1/2 a lime zested
about 12 basil leaves, chopped
about 4 mint leaves, chopped
pinch of red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2 spoonfuls of greek yogurt


Mix in a bowl. Pour into a bag with some meat and marinade over night. Then grill!!

We made it with chicken for our lovely friends the Hayes. It passed the kids test by 3 boys. I was pleased :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On sabbathing and first Fridays