Women and simple moments.

It's been a little quiet on the homefront here. Well homefront meaning blog, not homefront-life because homefront-life is pretty busy. But I came across these gorgeous pictures today and it was terribly inspiring and I felt like I should share them here in case you hadn't come across them.

Take a look at these 44 photos from a collection called Lean In. They are of women in contemporary work and life and I love them because it captures the simple everyday life of these ordinary women.

They are white, black, asian, indian. They are young, old, and in between. They are tall, short, skinny, and stocky. They are moms, sisters, wives, friends, daughter. They are stay at home moms and working moms. They are soldiers, farmers, engineers, teachers, and executives.

There is something in their faces that shows courage and contentment.

I like everyday life. I like seeing the mundane be beautiful. I like seeing one second, one smile, one laugh caught on camera be important. Be meaningful.

Our lives were meant to have meaning. The only meaning worth having in this world is from God. He sustains. He gives courage. He empowers. He gives light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On choosing to be fearless and strong

"You make my dreams come true"

On laughable things